Announcement || This website is under construction ||
Washington County Residents, we are sad to announce that there will be no clothing voucher program this year through Job and Family Services due to lack of funding.

Our Mission

As the employees of the Washington County Department of Job and Family Services,
we have been charged with the most serious and important responsibility in government,
that of helping our fellow citizens who experience the despair of poverty, hunger, homelessness, and ill health.
We believe that our programs represent the conscience of society and that our strength lies in seeking a decent life for all.

The outside of the Washington County Job and Family Services building in Marietta.

To Report a change to your case for Cash/Food Assistance/Medicaid :

Email documents to:

Services Offered


Medicaid Application Form
Non-Emergency Transportation
Phone Number: 1-(740)-434-0499

Employee/Employer Assistance

OhioMeansJobs Website: Click here
OhioMeansJobs Page: Click here

Family Assistance

Childcare Assistance
or Apply using Self Service Portal

Emergency Assistance

(Please call or visit for more details)

PRC Loan

  • Eviction
  • First Month's Rent
  • Prevention Of Utility Shutoff
  • Employment Related Vehicle Repair

Leadership Team

Flite Freimann - Director

Flite Freimann is the Director overseeing all of Job and Family Services operations including Children Services and Adult Protective services. Flite has been the director of Job and Family Services since 2017.

Alice Stewart - Social Services Supervisor

Alice Stewart is the Social Services Supervisor for Washington County Children services and including Adult Protective Services.

Dawn Freeland - Chief Fiscal Officer

Dawn Freeland is the Chief Ficscal Officer that oversees the Fiscal Department of Job and family services. As well as the HR and Administrative Services of Washington County Job and Family Services.

Michelle Brown - Public Assistance Administrator

Michelle Brown is the Public Administrator for SNAP, Medicaid, Workforce Development, Longterm Care and Fraud.

Children Services and County Home / APS

Children Services

The mission of Washington County Children Services is to protect abused, neglected, and dependent children and to promote their wellbeing.

Washington County Home

The County Home is an efficient, modern Georgian structure built to serve 90 people of various needs. The home is located in a pleasant rural setting on County House Lane.

Contact Us

8am - 4pm

Email Address :


Physical Address:

1115 Gilman Ave
Marietta, OH 45750

How To File A Civil Rights Complaint If you believe you have been delayed or denied services because of your race, color, religion, disablility, age, gender, sexual orientation or national origin, you may file a complaint within 180 days of the incident or treatment. For questions about how to file a compaint, call the ODJS Bureau of Civil Rights, toll-free, at 1-866-227-6353. For more information, review the civil rights section of the ODJFS Program Enrollment and Benefit Information document.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (833) 620-1071, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to: mail: Food and Nutrition Service, USDA 1320 Braddock Place, Room 334 Alexandria, VA 22314; or fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider. 02/15/2023